As the driver in the family, Izz asked me to tell you some things to make driving greener. Nudge or nag your parents about this stuff.
- Don't drive if you can take public transport.
- Better yet, don't drive if you can cycle or walk.
- Don't buy a big car if you can use a small one.
- Buy a hybrid if you can afford it.
- Keep an existing car serviced and running — it's greener than buying a new one.
- Don't take unnecessary journeys: plan ahead.
- Don't idle the car if you're parked. Cough! Cough!