Posted by: Dex
Chloe from Illinois wrote to us again! This time she has lots of questions for my dear cousin Izz. She asks:
Dear Izz. are all the light bulbs in your house flourescent? do you have a hybrid car? how about a composter? do you only eat organic foods? are all your clothes made from organic cotton? do you recycle all your garbage? are you a vegetarian? if you don't do all these things, then you should!
Posted by: Izz
Wow, she's thorough. Here goes:
1. Most of our light bulbs are CFLs — we're changing them over one by one.
2. Dad doesn't drive a hybrid (yet). Instead he keeps his old car going which is one less for the junkyard.
3. We compost a lot of stuff though we may miss an eggshell here and there.
4. Dad and I get as much food as we can from the local farmers market.
5. Most of my clothes are not organic cotton but a lot are secondhand.
6. We recycle all the stuff our town takes.
7. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat meat every day.
We can't all do everything green all the time, so we do as much as we can. The important thing is to be aware of what you're doing and try your best!